Friday, August 31, 2012

From the latest issue of World Haiku Review, August 2012, here's my Moving out haiku sequence.




MOVING OUT 
(A haiku sequence)

by Victor P. Gendrano, USA

                    twilight advent
 
                eyeing the remnants
                of my past life

                my daughter says
 
                it's alright to feel sad
                moving out

                moving in alone
 
                in my new retirement house
                chilly Santa Ana wind

                half awake
 
                I thought I smell
                her fresh brewed coffee

                unfamiliar room
 
                I bumped my head
                on the bedroom's door

                only a cut
 
                the paramedic says
                no stitches needed

                from the window
 
                a distant shaft
                of the dawn's light 

No comments: